Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Ultimate Temptation


Okay, we have spent months complaining that "nothing ever comes to this town," and that this is "the land that time forgot," but boy were we wrong. We've struck gold! All of the waiting seems to have paid off because a real live superstar is coming to town. A superstar that dared to tell the world of his longing for new drugs and boldly told his lady that if what they had wasn't love, she should just say so. Yes, friends, Mr. Lewis and, of course, The News are coming to the Hinterland for a one night engagement. It is a real Mom's weekend event. I bet all of the moms with children at other universities will be crushed cause we've got him. Yeah, we've got him. Lucky for all of you, you know people in the hinterland so you will have a place to stay. Not everyone is so lucky, so hop on this opportunity while you can. We expect to see all of you for the show!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Take me away. I don't mind. You better promise me I'll be back in time. Gotta get back in time." -Huey Lewis

Weidenfartz said...

Huey has no idea how appropriate those lyrics are for this area. I would say that he was going to be shocked by this place, but I assume Huey has been doing the State Fair circuit for awhile and has seen some real winning locations.

I can't believe I forgot that song!

Anonymous said...

He needs to go back in time to find his career. I think he lost it when he pulled out his dong in "Short Cuts."

Weidenfartz said...

LOL! There was an awful lot of genital flashing in that movie.

Anonymous said...

Julianne Moore, right?

Weidenfartz said...

Yeah, during her big fight with Matthew Modine (I think).

Anonymous said...

miriam you're not wearing any panties.

Weidenfartz said...

Leave it to the guy who used to have a crush on JM to come up with the line :)......