Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Little Taste of Home

You can imagine our excitement when we found out that our apartment overlooked the county fairgrounds. We both love events with lots of people and especially when the people, to quote my husband, are "Carnie Folk". We decided that, due to this love, the best way for us to "attend" this event was to walk around the day before the fair opened, sans people, to see what sorts of things had been set up on the grounds. We saw lots of rides, the Sow Barn (which I did go into and instantly began to tear at the conditions for the pigs), and then we saw it....In the distance a cart that seemed to have a taste of home, a cart that could possibly bring the exotic to this area. Yes, it appears that there was a cart that was going to serve the eastern delicacy of The Philly Cheesesteak...Okay, so out here they didn't get it quite right, out here they serve up "The Philly Steak Cheese Sandwich"(see photo). What is that you ask? Who knows, but I figured it may not be genuine but it would be as good as we were going to get. He, on the other hand, refused to taint his stomach with such a hideous impostor.....we will never know how good it could have been and we will never take "foreign" food for granted again.....Ho Hum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

apparently it has "sand" in it, so I'd stay away.

Weidenfartz said...

good point! I guess I should give the old hubby more credit...his instincts are really good.