Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Food Quiz #1

We went out to eat at one of the fancier establishments in town. Sure it was supposed to be good food but we really went for the discounted movie tickets that come with the meal. The above picture was one of the meals served to us and we were only able to eat a small amount (what you see above is what was left on the plate) because we were not sure what this was. Please help us dear readers. The reader who correctly identifies the dish will have the leftovers Fed Ex'd to them the next day.

CLUES

Ingredients: Wilted lettuce, Shrimp-"Palouse style" (see top right corner) i.e. not deveined, Sauce that was both brown and tangy (think vinegar mixed with 1,000 Sour Patch Kids), and for a hint of the exotic, chow mein noodles. We also have to add that you may be thinking salad but you would be wrong as this ate more like a soup.

Now we leave it to you to....Name. That. Dish.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, it looks like cream of sum yung guy, but I'd have to taste it to know.

Anonymous said...

i just disowned fargis for the comment he left.

but, on another note---eww...what is that?!

Weidenfartz said...

Well now I feel like I should go to the doctor for ingesting any of it....but, um, no that is not correct.

4nOcean said...

if i'm not mistaken, the dish you have pictured was historically called "ish" by the ancient egyptians, however, in recent times has been americanized and been referred to as "oriental salad".

Weidenfartz said...

Hooray!! We have a correct answer...no fargis it is not you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is, but I feel sorry for the asses who decided to live in a town where they actually have "gruel" on the menu. Suckers!